Everything you need to know about signs, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- Page Count
- Book Type
- Cover Treatment
Mayo Clinic Guide to Better Vision
Save your eyesight. Treat your eyes right.
The eye is as intricate as the latest computer and as precious as any jewel.
Without clear eyesight, your life would be radically different.
While eye disease is rarely fatal, eye health is essential to enjoyment of your world as you know it. Some common vision problems can actually be prevented. Others are much more treatable than ever before, but early detection remains key in nearly every case.
Mayo Clinic helps thousands of patients each year with vision and eye problems. Our medical staff includes some of the finest eye doctors in the world. Now you can take advantage of this wealth of knowledge simply by getting your own copy of Mayo Clinic Guide to Better Vision. In this book you'll learn:
- 8 ways to prevent macular degeneration, the age-related eye disease that causes vision loss and blind spots.
- 5 ways to prevent glaucoma, the "silent thief of sight" that commonly develops with no warning signs.
- 8 self-care tips to help you or a loved one keep your diabetes under control and effectively slow the progression of diabetic retinopathy.
- 4 steps that may slow or prevent the development of a cataract. And if these steps aren't enough, cataract surgery is easier, safer and more effective than ever.
Mayo Clinic Guide to Better Vision covers all the leading causes of vision loss, with practical information on prevention, as well as everything you need to know about detection and treatment. It's all based on the same medical knowledge Mayo Clinic doctors share with their patients. Get your copy of this book today and learn how to recognize the symptoms of eye disease and how to take effective action.
You may also be interested in:
- Mayo Clinic Guide to Better Vision, Second Edition
- Cover Treatment
- Sub Title
- Saving you eyesight with the latest on: macular degeneration, glaucoma, cataracts, damage from diabetes and much more.
- Sophie J. Bakri, M.D.
- Keep your eyes healthy and your eyesight sharp at any age.
- Mayo Clinic
- Product Status
When you purchase Mayo Clinic products and services, proceeds are used to further medical education and research at Mayo Clinic. You not only get the answers to your questions on health, you become part of the solution.