Mayo Clinic 5 Steps to Controlling High Blood Pressure, Second Edition
Manage your blood pressure for better health
You play a vital role in managing your blood pressure and your overall health. The sooner you take advantage of simple steps to improve your lifestyle, the greater your chances of enjoying a long, productive life.
This easy-to-use guide will help you understand the many issues related to high blood pressure and assist you in making essential treatment decisions...
- Learn which single factor you can do the most about when it comes to influencing your blood pressure.
- You know that maintaining a healthy weight is important. And we know it's not easy. But losing as little as 10 pounds may reduce your blood pressure to a healthier level. This book offers practical help for meeting the challenge of achieving and maintaining a healthier weight.
- There's a great alternative to blood pressure medications. This step may lower your blood pressure just about as much — without the expense of prescriptions.
- Did you know that your blood pressure goes down if you make your heart stronger? A strong heart exerts less force on arteries. You'll find dozens of tips to realize this goal.
- Of all the issues related to high blood pressure, none is more debated than salt. But moderating salt consumption can benefit everyone, regardless of age, race, sex or health status. In this book, you'll learn how to manage your sodium intake and live a healthier life.
- When changes in lifestyle aren't enough, today's medications offer effective blood pressure control while reducing your risk of other health concerns. Learn which medication, or combination of medications, may be best suited to your individual health needs and medical history.
5 Steps to Controlling High Blood Pressure, Second Edition is organized into three parts where you will find a comprehensive guide to understanding and controlling the condition:
- PART 1: Five Key Steps to Control High Blood Pressure — Discover five specific steps you can take to control your high blood pressure through lifestyle and medication. Simple, easy-to-follow strategies help you get your blood pressure under control and guide you past obstacles to a successful treatment program.
- PART 2: Understanding High Blood Pressure — Learn the basics of high blood pressure, with details on risk factors, screening and diagnosis. Understanding how high blood pressure develops will help you keep it in check before it seriously harms your health.
- PLUS — Get to know essential self-care techniques, including how to monitor your blood pressure, avoid drug interactions, and recognize an emergency. Find out how high blood pressure impacts specific groups, such as women, children or those with an additional condition, such as heart disease or diabetes.
Order your copy today and take control!
About the Medical Editor
Sheldon Sheps, M.D., is an emeritus professor of medicine in the College of Medicine at Mayo Clinic and former chair for the Hypertension Division in the Department of Medicine at Mayo Clinic. Dr. Sheps is board certified in internal medicine and specializes in hypertension and peripheral vascular diseases. He has been with Mayo Clinic since 1960.
Dr. Sheps chaired the sixth working group, and participated in the fourth, fifth and seventh groups, that developed guidelines for hypertension under the auspices of the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. He helped write the most recent report from the American Heart Association regarding blood pressure measurement. Dr. Sheps also served as a subcommittee chairman for the National High Blood Pressure Education Program and as a consultant to the Hypertension Initiative of the World Health Organization.
Our 100% Money-back Guarantee
We are confident you will find great value in the informational products published by Mayo Clinic. If you are not completely satisfied, you may return your order within 30 days for a full refund.