- Page Count
- Book Type
- Cover Treatment
Mayo Clinic The Menopause Solution
It's your body, it's your future. Nothing could be more important.
"Understanding what is happening to your body and what you can do about it is key. I often tell my patients, 'The rules of your body have changed and no one told you.' That's why this book was written: To tell you what's happening to you and what you can do about it."
— Stephanie S. Faubion M.D., Medical Editor
In Mayo Clinic, The Menopause Solution, you'll find useful guidance based on Mayo's long experience in caring for millions of women. Every day, physicians at the Mayo Clinic Women's Health Clinic see women with hormonal and sexual health concerns. They have devoted their careers to helping women through this phase of life.
7 Things to Know About Menopause:
1. Simply understanding what's happening can be reassuring.
2. Today, more than ever, treatments for menopause are personalized and individualized.
3. With hormone therapy, one size does not fit all. Some women may never need it.
4. Menopausal symptoms aren't as limited in duration as was previously thought...hot flashes and night sweats last for an average of seven years.
5. Even more bothersome than hot flashes and night sweats can be some of the other symptoms, such as weight gain, fatigue, sleep disturbances, mood changes, and sexual function changes.
6. For some women, menopause may come early. Symptoms may be especially severe and hormone therapy may be needed to prevent long-term health consequences.
7. Some women may have very bothersome menopausal symptoms, but are either unable or choose not to take hormone therapy. For them, there are effective non-hormonal options for managing symptoms.
You may also be interested in:
- Mayo Clinic: The Menopause Solution
- Cover Treatment
- Optimize your health in menopause and beyond.
- Stephanie S. Faubion, M.D.
- A doctor's guide to: relieving hot flashes, enjoying better sex, sleeping well, controlling your weight, and being happy!
- Product Type
- Time Inc. Books
- Copyright Date
When you purchase Mayo Clinic products and services, proceeds are used to further medical education and research at Mayo Clinic. You not only get the answers to your questions on health, you become part of the solution.