Get the facts on complementary and alternative medicine.
- Page Count
- Book Type
- Cover Treatment
Mayo Clinic Guide to Fertility and Conception
Deciding to start or build your family is a life-changing decision.
Maybe you recently decided to try to become pregnant.
Or perhaps it's something you've been thinking about for a while.
Once the decision is made, there's a whole new set of unknowns,
including whether the journey will be easy or difficult.
- How can I increase my chances of becoming pregnant?
- What health and lifestyle changes should I make to have a healthy pregnancy?
- What medical treatments are available if I need help to conceive?
- Where can I get emotional support if the going gets rough, or if I have a miscarriage?
To help you find what you're looking for, the book is divided into five sections.
Part 1: Getting Ready for Pregnancy: Daily habits and medical conditions that may affect your ability to become pregnant.
Part 2: How to Get Pregnant: Learn when you're ovulating, when the best time is for sexual intercourse, and steps to take to increase your chances of success.
Part 3: Common Fertility Problems: Common and unusual problems that can affect female and male fertility.
Part 4: When You Need Some Help: Medications and medical procedures that can help you get pregnant.
Part 5: Special Considerations: Fertility preservation, single parenthood, cultural and religious considerations, and deciding when pregnancy isn't obtainable.
Throughout the book, you will read stories from couples and individuals who have struggled to have a family. For a variety of reasons — health conditions, unexplained infertility or life circumstances — getting pregnant or deciding to have a family was difficult for them. These personal stories are there to let you know that you're not alone in your journey, and to give you hope that with time and patience, pregnancy is often possible.
You may also be interested in:
- Mayo Clinic Guide to Fertility and Conception
- Cover Treatment
- From the nation's #1 gynecology department.
- Jani R. Jensen, M.D., and Elizabeth A. Stewart, M.D.
- A trusted resource for couples wanting to have a family.
- Product Type
- Da Capo Lifelong Books
- Copyright Date
When you purchase Mayo Clinic products and services, proceeds are used to further medical education and research at Mayo Clinic. You not only get the answers to your questions on health, you become part of the solution.