Lose weight and keep it off by combining conventional and alternative methods. Our DVD shows you how.
The Mayo Clinic Diet: The Healthy Approach to Weight Loss - DVD Course
In The Mayo Clinic Diet: The Healthy Approach to Weight Loss, Donald D. Hensrud, M.D., M.P.H., shares practical tips in a two-part strategy: An initial two-week plan designed to jump-start your weight loss in a safe and healthy way, called Lose It!, and a lifelong approach to help you meet and maintain your goal weight, called Live It!. You’ll learn about setting your caloric goals, food prep short-cuts, developing a physical activity plan, and tracking your progress. But Mayo Clinic will take you a step further as you learn how your thoughts and emotions also affect your weight loss including:
- Determining whether or not this is the right time for you to start a weight-loss program
- How to identify your personal motivation to lose weight
- Why perfectionism doesn’t work
- Taking responsibility for determining which changes you’re willing to make and how you can modify the Diet’s suggestions to meet your goals
- Identifying your weaknesses and triggers so you can adjust your plan accordingly
- The crucial interplay between guilt and forgiveness
- How to identify appropriate personal goals — short-term and long-term, outcome, and performance
DVD packet includes:
- 12 lectures on two DVDs (over 6 hours of content)
- 149-page printed course guidebook
The Diet comes alive during numerous real-time demonstrations with the help of Mayo Clinic’s Chef Jen Welper, who offers an additional perspective focused on food preparation and cooking. As she demonstrates everything from slicing and dicing to searing, grilling, and roasting, her easygoing, down-to-earth manner will help build your own meal-prep confidence and excitement.
In The Mayo Clinic Diet: The Healthy Approach to Weight Loss, you’ll learn:
- which habits will help you better pay attention to the signals your body sends when you’re hungry and when you eat, and which habits are likely to drown out those signals
- how to schedule your meals and snacks to best achieve a healthy satiety
- how to keep your pantry and refrigerator stocked with delicious, low-energy-dense foods that will help you lose weight by reaching satiety with fewer calories
The Mayo Clinic Diet was developed with only one goal in mind — to help you feel better and become healthier by following an eating and exercise program that fits comfortably into your real life. You don’t have to follow it to perfection. But by applying the principles of The Mayo Clinic Diet to your life, you will find yourself on a path to better health and greater happiness.
You may also be interested in:
- The Mayo Clinic Diet – DVD Course
- Take a course in weight-loss from Mayo Clinc.
- A practical weight-loss guide from the experts at Mayo Clinic.
- Product Type
- Copyright Date
When you purchase Mayo Clinic products and services, proceeds are used to further medical education and research at Mayo Clinic. You not only get the answers to your questions on health, you become part of the solution.