Forever Looking Forward: The Remarkable Life of Dr. Henry S. Plummer
"The lifetime of Henry S. Plummer was devoted to the welfare of mankind, a great life, worthily lived, an example to us all."
— William J. Mayo, M.D., 1938
Henry Plummer was a young doctor from a small Minnesota town when he was invited to join the growing Mayo medical practice in 1901. Within a short time, he began making innovations that helped shape the future of Mayo Clinic.
- He created the dossier medical record, which set a world standard for documenting the care that patients receive.
- He envisioned the first medical building – beautiful as well as efficient – to support the integrated group practice of medicine.
- He invented medical devices and advanced the understanding and treatment of thyroid diseases.
Using dramatizations, archival films, photos and interviews, this film provides a fascinating portrait of one of the most unforgettable characters in the history of Mayo Clinic.
You may also be interested in:
- Forever Looking Forward
- Meet one of the most beloved and unforgettable characters in the history of Mayo Clinic.
- Mayo Clinic
- The remarkable life of Dr. Henry S. Plummer.
- Product Type
- Mayo Clinic
When you purchase Mayo Clinic products and services, proceeds are used to further medical education and research at Mayo Clinic. You not only get the answers to your questions on health, you become part of the solution.